See, smell, touch and hear Chelmsford's past and think about Chelmsford's present at Chelmsford City Museum. It is open daily, with brand new displays, changing exhibitions and a wide range of events throughout the year for everybody. Chelmsford Museum is run by Chelmsford City Council.
10am to 5pm Monday to Sunday
Admission to the Museum is free of charge. Some events may incur a charge.
Chelmsford Museum is located on Moulsham Street, near the junction with New London Road. This is a few minutes away from junction 15 of the A12. We have a free car park at Chelmsford Museum, with space for Blue Badge holders.
All information is drawn from or provided by the venues themselves and every effort is made to ensure it is correct. Please remember to double check opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit.
Facilities and services
- Baby changing facilities
- Children's play area
- Education facilities available
- Parking for disabled available
- Picnic area
- Research facilities for academics
- Toilets for disabled
- Wheelchair access to all public areas
Please contact the museum for the latest access information.
- Activities for pre-school children
- Adult lectures and courses held
- Direct teaching services for schools
- Events and resources for children and families
- Loan service
- Member of staff available with responsibility for education
- Object identification and/or written enquiry service
- Primary school education service available
- Secondary school education service available
- Touch exhibits
- Social History
- East of England
- Heritage (place or space)
- Earth sciences
- Science and Nature
- Military History
- British History
- 20th Century
- 21st Century
- Middle Ages
- Contemporary (British History)
- Early Medieval
- Medieval (British History)
- Viking & Anglo-Saxon
Is this your Venue? log in to update any incorrect or missing information.