We have fine collections, including history of the Runnymede area, local archaeology and history of Chertsey Abbey, fine art, decorative art, social history including many documents and photographs, local clocks and the nationally significant Olive Matthews Collection of dress and textiles. Free Wi-Fi and smart phone gallery guide available.
We will re-open on Saturday 25 July with new temporary opening hours FROM 25 JULY TO 30 SEPTEMBER 2020 Monday - closed Tuesday - closed Wednesday - closed Thursday - 11am to 4pm Friday - 11am to 4pm Saturday - 11am to 4pm Sunday - 11am to 4pm PLEASE DO NOT VISIT IF YOU FEEL UNWELL OR HAVE A TEMPERATURE, COUGH OR OTHER COVID-19 SYMPTOMS PLEASE VISIT THE WEBSITE TO SEE OUR COVID VISITOR GUIDELINES
Admission Free. 10% discount on shop purchases for Museum Friends, Museums Association and ICOM members.
- Museums Association
- International Council of Museums
- British Association of Friends of Museums
All information is drawn from or provided by the venues themselves and every effort is made to ensure it is correct. Please remember to double check opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit.
Facilities and services
- Baby changing facilities
- Children's play area
- Education facilities available
- Gardens open to public
- Indoor soft play area
- Library with public access
- Object study facilities available (enquire in advance)
- Parking for disabled available
- Picnic area
- Reception and lunch facilities for educational groups
- Study facilities
- Toilets for disabled
- Wheelchair access to all public areas
- Wheelchairs available for loan
- Bicycle park
Chertsey Museum has flat access throughout with a lift to access the upper floors. Adapted toilets offer baby changing facilities as well as disabled access.
- Activities for pre-school children
- Adult lectures and courses held
- Brochure or leaflet available with directions to museum
- Direct teaching services for schools
- Events and resources for children and families
- Events/teaching/resources for people with disabilities
- Large print information and/or interpretation
- Loan service
- Member of staff available with responsibility for education
- Object identification and/or written enquiry service
- Pre-booking service for groups
- Primary school education service available
- Printed/audio-visual information available for schools
- Public access available to collections information
- Specialist publications on collections available
- Touch exhibits
Is this your Venue? log in to update any incorrect or missing information.