Commemorating the Royal East Kent Mounted Rifles, Queen's Own West Kent Yeomanry, Kent Yeomanry, 3rd County of London Yeomanry (Sharpshooters), 23rd London Armoured Car Company (Sharpshooters), 4th County of London Yeomanry (Sharpshooters), 3rd/4th County of London Yeomanry (Sharpshooters), Kent and County of London Yeomanry (Sharpshooters), Kent and Sharpshooters Yeomanry Hever Castle Museum The Museum was formed in 1966 to preserve the existing property of the regiment, mainly pictures and silver, at the time of the reduction from a Regiment to a Squadron on the formation of the Royal Yeomanry. It was originally set up at Squerryes Court (John Warde was serving with the Regiment at the time). In 1985 it was moved to Hever Castle, into a room at the top of the Keep which had held Lord Astor’s armour collection, where it was opened by HRH Princess Alexandra. The space there is limited, and the museum collection was growing, so museum rooms have since been set up in the TA Centres at Croydon (The Alam Halfa Room) and Bexleyheath.
March to December 1100-1700 The museum is currently closed for redevelopment, and will reopen in September 2015.
Entry is included in the admission price to Hever Castle Limited. See www.hevercastle.co.uk. Discounts will be offered to former and current servicemen and women. No prior booking is needed.
All information is drawn from or provided by the venues themselves and every effort is made to ensure it is correct. Please remember to double check opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit.
Facilities and services
- Facilities for private functions and events
- Meeting room available
- Toilets for disabled
Is this your Venue? log in to update any incorrect or missing information.