We’re currently working on our Museum Crush listings and will be improving this offer over the coming days…
The Stained Glass Museum’s main aim is to help people understand and enjoy stained glass. Our Gallery exhibition illustrates over eight hundred years of the history and beauty of this ancient craft. Founded in the early 1970s the Museum is located inside Ely Cathedral and is the only museum in the United Kingdom completely dedicated to stained glass. It was set up to rescue stained glass windows in danger of being lost and to help people understand, enjoy and value them. Over 100 panels dating from 1200 from both religious and secular buildings are displayed at eye-level. The permanent exhibition is stunning. The Museum is open almost every day throughout the year. Please see our news page for any planned closures.
Summer: (to end of October) Monday to Friday: 10:30 - 5:00 Saturday: 10:30 - 5:30 Sunday: 12 noon - 6.00 Winter: (November to Easter) Monday to Friday: 10:30 - 5:00 Saturday: 10:30 - 5:30 Sunday: 12 noon - 4.30
Adults: £4.00 Concessions: £3.00 Children with an Adult: Free Family Group: £8.00 (up to four and must include one child under 16)
- Museums Association
All information is drawn from or provided by the venues themselves and every effort is made to ensure it is correct. Please remember to double check opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit.
Facilities and services
- Education facilities available
- Object study facilities available (enquire in advance)
Video Presentation Museum Shop Audio Guides
- Adult lectures and courses held
- Direct teaching services for schools
- Events and resources for children and families
- Foreign language leaflet or brochure available
- General audio-guide available
- Member of staff available with responsibility for education
- Object identification and/or written enquiry service
- Pre-booking service for groups
- Primary school education service available
Is this your Venue? log in to update any incorrect or missing information.