The Bate Collection first opened in 1970. It is located in The University of Oxford's Faculty of Music.
Mon-Fri 1400-1700 University Full Term Time: Sat 1000-1200
All information is drawn from or provided by the venues themselves and every effort is made to ensure it is correct. Please remember to double check opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit.
Facilities and services
- Education facilities available
- Library with public access
- Object study facilities available (enquire in advance)
- Research facilities for academics
- Study facilities
- Toilets for disabled
- Wheelchair access to some public areas
Our library and archive is open to the public by appointment only. Appointments must be made well in advance of the visit.
- Academic publications and resources available
- Adult lectures and courses held
- Direct teaching services for schools
- Events and resources for children and families
- Events/teaching/resources for people with disabilities
- Foreign language leaflet or brochure available
- General guide to collections available
- Induction loops in exhibition spaces
- Member of staff available with responsibility for education
- Object identification and/or written enquiry service
- Pre-booking service for groups
- Primary school education service available
- Public access available to collections information
- Secondary school education service available
- Specialist publications on collections available
- Teaching/resources available for HE/FE students
- Touch exhibits
Is this your Venue? log in to update any incorrect or missing information.