26 Upper Mall
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: 020 8741 3735
Kelmscott House was William Morris's home from 1878-96 and is close to the premises of his Kelmscott Press, founded in 1890.
The basement and coach house, which serve as headquarters for the William Morris Society, are open to the public on Thursdays and Saturday from 2-5pm, or by prior arrangement. The entrance is down the steps leading from the driveway. Kelmscott House itself is a private house and not open to the public.
All information is drawn from or provided by the venues themselves and every effort is made to ensure it is correct. Please remember to double check opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit.
Facilities and services
- Library with public access
- Meeting room available
- Object study facilities available (enquire in advance)
- Research facilities for academics
- Study facilities
- Toilets for disabled
- Wheelchair access to some public areas
- Academic publications and resources available
- Adult lectures and courses held
- Brochure or leaflet available with directions to museum
- Direct teaching services for schools
- Object identification and/or written enquiry service
- Public access available to collections information
- Teaching/resources available for HE/FE students
Is this your Venue? log in to update any incorrect or missing information.