The Sainsbury Centre for Visual Arts is an inspirational public art museum where you can see outstanding world art for free. The Centre, which opened in 1978 to house the Robert and Lisa Sainsbury Collection, is a world-class building designed by Norman Foster, at the University of East Anglia (UEA), a short distance from Norwich city centre.
Tues-Friday 10.00-18.00 Saturday-Sunday 10:00-17:00 Closed: Mon Christmas & New Year
Admission to the permanent collection is free. There may be charges for special exhibitions.
- International Council of Museums
All information is drawn from or provided by the venues themselves and every effort is made to ensure it is correct. Please remember to double check opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit.
Facilities and services
- Baby changing facilities
- Education facilities available
- Facilities for private functions and events
- Gardens open to public
- Library with public access
- Meeting room available
- Object study facilities available (enquire in advance)
- Parking for disabled available
- Picnic area
- Reception and lunch facilities for educational groups
- Study facilities
- Toilets for disabled
- Wheelchair access to all public areas
- Wheelchairs available for loan
The galleries are fully accessible to wheelchair users. Manual and electric wheelchairs are available - please call in advance to book. A hearing loop is installed in the building.
- Academic publications and resources available
- Activities for pre-school children
- Adult lectures and courses held
- Brochure or leaflet available with directions to museum
- Events and resources for children and families
- General guide to collections available
- Induction loops in exhibition spaces
- Information point provided
- Large print information and/or interpretation
- Member of staff available with responsibility for education
- Object identification and/or written enquiry service
- Pre-booking service for groups
- Primary school education service available
- Secondary school education service available
- Specialist publications on collections available
Is this your Venue? log in to update any incorrect or missing information.