Grahame Park Way
Wing your way over to a wonderful collection of aircraft, interactives, medals, uniforms, film shows and memorabilia on display and trace the story of the RAF and aviation itself. The Royal Air Force Museum’s purpose is to tell the story of the RAF through is people and collections. Discover a place of storytelling and sharing, revealed through the fascinating stories of serving RAF personnel, veterans, cadets and reserves. Explore innovative, accessible exhibitions dedicated to technological development, archive documents, personal items and the heritage of our sites. Our stories are drawn from times of war and keeping the peace, at home and abroad. They include tales of courage, fear, love, loss and laughter. Find out about them through our galleries and online and contribute stories of your own. Drop in for a visit, debate the future, test your ﬂying skills, marvel at our aircraft and explore the fascinating history of the ﬁrst 100 years of the RAF. Enjoy an invigorating cup of coffee underneath the wings of our Sunderland Flying Boat or in our restaurant, before immersing yourself in one of our 4D or VR experiences. Younger visitors will love our themed outdoor play area and calendar of family events. A FREE, fun and fantastic day out for everyone.
10am - 6pm
Admission is FREE to the Museum. A car parking charge is payable.
If you’re travelling to the Museum by road, the Museum is signposted within easy reach of the A5, A41, M1 (junction 4 southbound) and North Circular A406 roads. Just follow the brown and white tourist signs. If you’re using SatNav please input our road name, “Grahame Park Way” not our postcode, as this has been incorrectly indexed on some systems. If your system will not accept Grahame Park Way, please enter the postcode NW9 5QW. This will direct you to the small industrial estate next to the Museum. If you’re visiting the Museum by public transport please take the Edgware Branch of the Northern Line to Colindale tube station, the Museum is only a short walk along Grahame Park Way. Alternatively, you can take the Thames Link to Mill Hill Broadway, and catch bus number 303 to the Museum, which also runs from outside Colindale Tube Station. This service will drop you directly outside the Museum's main gates.
All information is drawn from or provided by the venues themselves and every effort is made to ensure it is correct. Please remember to double check opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit.
Facilities and services
- Baby changing facilities
- Education facilities available
- Facilities for private functions and events
- Library with public access
- Meeting room available
- Object study facilities available (enquire in advance)
- Parking for coaches
- Parking for disabled available
- Picnic area
- Reception and lunch facilities for educational groups
- Research facilities for academics
- Toilets for disabled
- Wheelchair access to all public areas
- Wheelchair access to some public areas
- Wheelchairs available for loan
- Children's play area
- Conference facilities available
- Lecture theatre
- Cinema/film screening facilities
- Wi-fi available
- Gardens open to public
- Licensed bar
- Members/Friends facilities offered
- Public car park
- Late night openings
Research Department open to the public by appointment only. Please contact the Department in the first instance to arrange an appointment to meet with a curator.
- Brochure or leaflet available with directions to museum
- Direct teaching services for schools
- Events and resources for children and families
- General guide to collections available
- Guided tours
- Member of staff available with responsibility for education
- Object identification and/or written enquiry service
- Pre-booking service for groups
- Primary school education service available
- Printed/audio-visual information available for schools
- Secondary school education service available
- Specialist publications on collections available
- Teaching/resources available for HE/FE students
Is this your Venue? log in to update any incorrect or missing information.