Jacobean House remodelled in the 19th century with superb collections and gardens. Originally a half-timbered farmhouse, Ascott was bought in 1876 by the de Rothschild family and considerably transformed and enlarged by them. The extensive gardens are a mixture of the formal and natural, including a lily pond, Dutch garden and remarkable topiary sundial.
Please check the National Trust website before visiting.
For charges see www.nationaltrust.org.uk
- National Trust
All information is drawn from or provided by the venues themselves and every effort is made to ensure it is correct. Please remember to double check opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit.
Facilities and services
- Gardens open to public
- Toilets for disabled
- Wheelchair access to some public areas
- Wheelchairs available for loan
Drop off point for people with disabilities
- Braille information and/or interpretation
- Brochure or leaflet available with directions to museum
- General guide to collections available
- Information point provided
- Large print information and/or interpretation
Is this your Venue? log in to update any incorrect or missing information.