A hidden jewel in the heart of Somerset, Glastonbury Abbey is traditionally associated with the earliest days of Christianity in Britain and figures such as Joseph of Arimathea, St Patrick and St David. It is also the resting place for the legendary King Arthur. Set in 36 acres of parkland in the middle of the town, the histories, mysteries and myths of Glastonbury Abbey define it as a place of extraordinary spiritual significance. Open 364 days a year, welcoming dogs on short leads, with summer café, costumed guides, accredited museum and gift shop. Events held all year - check the website for further information.
November-February 09.00-16.00 March-May 09.00-18.00 June-August 09.00-20.00 September-October 09.00-1800 Last entry half an hour before closing Closed only on Christmas day
The Gift Aid Admission price is £7.60 adult, £6.60 concession, £4.75 child five to 15, £19.60 family. Groups £5.90 each with one free for every 10.
All information is drawn from or provided by the venues themselves and every effort is made to ensure it is correct. Please remember to double check opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit.
Facilities and services
- Baby changing facilities
- Education facilities available
- Meeting room available
- Object study facilities available (enquire in advance)
- Parking for coaches
- Reception and lunch facilities for educational groups
- Study facilities
- Toilets for disabled
- Wheelchair access to some public areas
- Wheelchairs available for loan
From March to October we have a team of Living History guides on site offering tours through the ruins to talk about pilgrimage and our connections to King Arthur. We offer an extensive range of support materials for schools of all types and the study of Saxon, Norman and Tudor History as well as pilgrimage and monasticism. A range of practical activities for primary schools is also on offer with advance booking.
- Activities for pre-school children
- Brochure or leaflet available with directions to museum
- Direct teaching services for schools
- Events and resources for children and families
- Foreign language leaflet or brochure available
- General guide to collections available
- Guided tours
- Member of staff available with responsibility for education
- Object identification and/or written enquiry service
- Pre-booking service for groups
- Primary school education service available
- Printed/audio-visual information available for schools
- Secondary school education service available
- Teaching/resources available for HE/FE students
Is this your Venue? log in to update any incorrect or missing information.