- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 01271 346 747
A visit to the Museum of Barnstaple and North Devon is the perfect way to get to know the area's landscape, wildlife, history and culture. In The Story of North Devon special effects and hands on activities help you find out about life from prehistoric to Victorian times. You can explore Tarka the Otter's riverbanks and go under the sea to meet a giant Leatherback turtle. Barnstaple's finest products are displayed here, from 17th century pewter to Art Pottery by Brannam, Baron and Lauder and furniture by Shapland and Petter. Our military displays tell the stories of the Royal Devon Yeomanry and Devonshire Regiment. The Museum has a programme of changing temporary exhibitions.
Mon - Sat 10:00-17:0 Closed: Sun
All information is drawn from or provided by the venues themselves and every effort is made to ensure it is correct. Please remember to double check opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit.
Facilities and services
- Education facilities available
- Facilities for private functions and events
- Library with public access
- Meeting room available
- Object study facilities available (enquire in advance)
- Study facilities
- Wheelchair access to some public areas
- Academic publications and resources available
- Activities for pre-school children
- Brochure or leaflet available with directions to museum
- Direct teaching services for schools
- Events and resources for children and families
- Object identification and/or written enquiry service
- Primary school education service available
- Public access available to collections information
- Secondary school education service available
- Specialist publications on collections available
Is this your Venue? log in to update any incorrect or missing information.