- Phone: 01305 821804
The Museum is based in two thatched 17th century cottages above Church Ope, one of which was a known location from Thomas Hardy's novel, "The Wellbeloved". There are exhibitions on shipwrecks, the history of stone, local archaeology, and Dr Marie Stopes, the famous birth control pioneer, who gifted the cottages to the people of Portland in 1930. Fossil collection, garden, picnic area, refreshments and shop.
2 May to 30 June: Fri - Tues 11.00-16.30 1 July to 31 August: Open every day 11.00-16.30 1 September to 31 October: Fri - Tues 11.00-16.30 Closed: November - Easter. Group visits are available throughout the winter by prior appointment.
Adults: £2.20 Seniors: £1.10 Students: £1.10 Under 16s free entry, but children under 12 must be accompanied.
All information is drawn from or provided by the venues themselves and every effort is made to ensure it is correct. Please remember to double check opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit.
Facilities and services
Is this your Venue? log in to update any incorrect or missing information.