One of the most fascinating and complete late 19th-century houses in England, Lanhydrock is full of period atmosphere. Although the gatehouse and north wing (with magnificent 32yd-long gallery with plaster ceiling) survive from the 17th century, the rest of the house was rebuilt following a disastrous fire in 1881. The new house featured the latest in contemporary living, including central heating. The garden has a stunning collection of magnolias, rhododendrons and camellias, and offers fine colours right through into autumn. All this is set in a glorious estate of 364ha (900 acres) of woods and parkland running down to the River Fowey, with an extensive network of footpaths. 50 rooms are open to visitors, who should allow at least 2 hours to tour the house. Secure locker system for large bags. Church (adjacent to house): service every Sun 9.45.
Please check the National Trust website before visiting.
£11, child £5.45, family £27.50, family (1 adult) £16.50. Groups £10.00, child £5.00. Garden & grounds only: £6.50, child £3.60. Reduced rate when arriving by cycle or by public transport.
- National Trust
All information is drawn from or provided by the venues themselves and every effort is made to ensure it is correct. Please remember to double check opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit.
Facilities and services
- Baby changing facilities
- Education facilities available
- Facilities for private functions and events
- Meeting room available
- Object study facilities available (enquire in advance)
- Study facilities
- Wheelchair access to some public areas
- Wheelchairs available for loan
- Brochure or leaflet available with directions to museum
- Direct teaching services for schools
- Events/teaching/resources for people with disabilities
- Foreign language leaflet or brochure available
- General guide to collections available
- Object identification and/or written enquiry service
- Primary school education service available
- Secondary school education service available
Is this your Venue? log in to update any incorrect or missing information.