- Phone: 01291 625981
Chepstow Museum reveals the rich and varied past of this ancient town, once an important port and market centre. Wine trade, shipbuilding and salmon fishing are among Chepstow's many industries featured in displays with atmospheric settings. Photographs, programmes and posters recall the pastimes of local people, while 18th and 19th century paintings and prints illustrate the everlasting appeal of Chepstow and the Wye Valley to artists and tourists alike. The Museum is just across the road from Chepstow Castle in an elegant 18th century houses built by a prosperous Chepstow merchant family.
January to June, October to December, Mon-Sat 1100-1700, Sun 1400-1700 July to September, Mon-Sat 1030-1730, Sun 1400-1730
All information is drawn from or provided by the venues themselves and every effort is made to ensure it is correct. Please remember to double check opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit.
Facilities and services
- Education facilities available
- Meeting room available
- Toilets for disabled
- Wheelchair access to some public areas
- Activities for pre-school children
- Brochure or leaflet available with directions to museum
- Direct teaching services for schools
- Events and resources for children and families
- Object identification and/or written enquiry service
- Pre-booking service for groups
- Primary school education service available
- Printed/audio-visual information available for schools
- Secondary school education service available
Is this your Venue? log in to update any incorrect or missing information.