Vale of Glamorgan
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 01792 653763
- Web Site: http://www.swansea.gov.uk/index.cfm?articleid=1076
- Web Site: http://www.swanseamuseum.co.uk
Swansea Museum is the oldest museum in Wales. The collections contain all kinds of objects from the past of Swansea, Wales and the rest of the world. We have everything from an Egyptian mummy to a Welsh Kitchen, displayed in six galleries. There are also many changing temporary exhibitions each year. It is a fascinating treasure house of Swansea's past history. The Museum building was completed in 1841 in the grand style of Neo-Classical architecture. The museum is architecturally significant, and it has been listed as a Grade Two * Building. The Museum has an extensive local history library that is open to the public by appointment. Please contact the Museum in advance of your visit to ensure that you can use the research facilities.
Tues-Sun 10.00-17.00 Last entry 16.40 Open Bank Holidays Closed Mondays except Bank Holiday Mondays
All information is drawn from or provided by the venues themselves and every effort is made to ensure it is correct. Please remember to double check opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit.
Facilities and services
- Education facilities available
- Library with public access
- Object study facilities available (enquire in advance)
- Study facilities
- Wheelchair access to some public areas
- Direct teaching services for schools
- Events and resources for children and families
- Object identification and/or written enquiry service
- Primary school education service available
Is this your Venue? log in to update any incorrect or missing information.