Situated on the A51 between Lichfield and Tamworth, next to Whittington Barracks, the Museum tells the story of the present day Staffordshire Battalion of the Mercian Regiment and its predecessors from 1705. There are frequent special exhibitions and events in the Museum and/or its extensive grounds.
Mon-Fri 1000-1630 all year except Christmas to New Year (16.12 - 6.1 approx)also Sat-Sun and Bank Holidays from 1st Easter to Remembrance Sunday 1230-1630. Last entry 1600 Closed Christmas/New Year period
Adults £3.00 Children aged 5 - 15 £2.00 Seniors aged 60 and over £2.00 Family max 2 adults and 3 children £6.00 Special Event prices apply to limited number of weekends when special events in aid of the Staffordshire Regiment Museum Charitable Trust are scheduled.
- Museums Association
All information is drawn from or provided by the venues themselves and every effort is made to ensure it is correct. Please remember to double check opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit.
Facilities and services
- Education facilities available
- Library with public access
- Object study facilities available (enquire in advance)
- Parking for coaches
- Parking for disabled available
- Picnic area
- Research facilities for academics
- Toilets for disabled
- Wheelchair access to all public areas
- Wheelchairs available for loan
Special facilities for Groups/schools available by prior arrangement. Group/school visits outside normal opening hours by prior arrangement.
- Academic publications and resources available
- Activities for pre-school children
- Brochure or leaflet available with directions to museum
- Events and resources for children and families
- Events/teaching/resources for people with disabilities
- Foreign language leaflet or brochure available
- General guide to collections available
- Guided tours
- Induction loops in lecture theatres
- Information point provided
- Member of staff available with responsibility for education
- Object identification and/or written enquiry service
- Pre-booking service for groups
- Primary school education service available
- Printed/audio-visual information available for schools
- Secondary school education service available
- Specialist publications on collections available
- Touch exhibits
Is this your Venue? log in to update any incorrect or missing information.