Monet, Manet, and Magritte; Renoir, Rubens, Rossetti and Rodin; Degas, Delacroix and Van Dyck — not to mention Turner, Gainsborough, Gauguin, Van Gogh and Picasso… You can see major works by all these great artists in the Barber Institute of Fine Arts, at the University of Birmingham. There’s also a stunning coin gallery and an exciting programme of exhibitions, concerts, lectures, gallery talks, workshops and family activities. The entire collection of the Barber Institute of Fine Arts is a Designated Outstanding Collection of national importance.
Monday - Saturday: 10.00 am - 5.00 pm Sunday: 12 noon - 5.00 pm Closed: 1 January, 19 April (Good Friday), 24-26 December.
Admission to the permanent collection and all exhibitions is free.
All information is drawn from or provided by the venues themselves and every effort is made to ensure it is correct. Please remember to double check opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit.
Facilities and services
- Baby changing facilities
- Education facilities available
- Facilities for private functions and events
- Library with public access
- Object study facilities available (enquire in advance)
- Parking for coaches
- Parking for disabled available
- Reception and lunch facilities for educational groups
- Research facilities for academics
- Study facilities
- Toilets for disabled
- Wheelchair access to all public areas
- Wheelchairs available for loan
Our prints and drawings collection is available for viewing by appointment.
- Academic publications and resources available
- Activities for pre-school children
- Adult lectures and courses held
- Brochure or leaflet available with directions to museum
- Direct teaching services for schools
- Events and resources for children and families
- Events/teaching/resources for people with disabilities
- General guide to collections available
- Guided tours
- Information point provided
- Member of staff available with responsibility for education
- Object identification and/or written enquiry service
- Pre-booking service for groups
- Primary school education service available
- Printed/audio-visual information available for schools
- Public access available to collections information
- Secondary school education service available
- Specialist publications on collections available
- Teaching/resources available for HE/FE students
Is this your Venue? log in to update any incorrect or missing information.