Get within touching distance of some of the most amazing vehicles ever invented. See the cars your parents and grandparents drove or explore what you might be driving in the future. Get caught up in the real-life stories of Coventry’s innovators and entrepreneurs. Coventry Transport Museum isn’t just for transport enthusiasts: it’s for storytellers and escapists; speed freaks and thrill seekers; history buffs and culture vultures. It offers a uniquely human perspective on the city’s motoring heritage, and is one of the Midlands’ best days out. And if you think the cars are the stars, there’s a lot to get excited about. The collection includes the record-breaking Thrust2 and ThrustSSC; motorcycles that took their owners on incredible adventures; the oldest Coventry-built car; and many of the most innovative, memorable and luxurious road vehicles of the last 150 years. The entire collection of this museum is a Designated Collection of national importance.
Mon - Sun 10.00-17.00 Last entry 16.30 Closed: 24th, 25th, 26th December and 1st January
Adults - £14.00 Concessions (Senior & Student) - £10.50 Junior (5-16 years) - £7.00 4 or under - FREE Essential carer - FREE Family (2+2) - £35.00 Small Family (1+3) - £28.00 GoCV card holders - FREE Other groups (12 or more) - Please enquire Tickets last for 365 days and can be reused as many times as visitors wish.
By Road Coventry is close to the M1/M6/M40/M42. Follow signs to city centre and take junction 1 or 2. As a city centre attraction there is no parking available at the Museum itself however, city centre pay and display car parks are all within walking distance. The nearest car parks to the Museum are Bishop Street, West Orchards Shopping Mall, Fairfax Street and the Belgrade Plaza. By Rail There are excellent links to London Euston via Virgin Trains; Cross Country routes north and south and local services to Nuneaton and Northampton. The Museum is a 15-minute walk from the station. Buses numbered 17, 27 and 49 stop near the Museum. By Bus Most buses stop at Pool Meadow bus station or on Trinity Street, both of which are a 2 minute walk from the Museum. Coventry has a North and South Park & Ride services and both the North and South routes have a stop-off point at Junction of Corporation Street and Burges, which is very close to the Museum. The North route operates from the AT7 Centre in Bell Green which is to the north of the city centre. This location is ideal for the M6 Junction 3 - A444. The south route operates from Coventry's War Memorial Park situated on the Kenilworth Road/ A45.
All information is drawn from or provided by the venues themselves and every effort is made to ensure it is correct. Please remember to double check opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit.
Facilities and services
- Baby changing facilities
- Education facilities available
- Facilities for private functions and events
- Library with public access
- Meeting room available
- Object study facilities available (enquire in advance)
- Reception and lunch facilities for educational groups
- Research facilities for academics
- Study facilities
- Toilets for disabled
- Wheelchair access to all public areas
- Wheelchairs available for loan
Visitors are advised to ring beforehand if interested in specific areas or items to ensure they are on display.
- Activities for pre-school children
- Adult lectures and courses held
- Brochure or leaflet available with directions to museum
- Direct teaching services for schools
- Events and resources for children and families
- Events/teaching/resources for people with disabilities
- Foreign language leaflet or brochure available
- General guide to collections available
- Loan service
- Member of staff available with responsibility for education
- Object identification and/or written enquiry service
- Pre-booking service for groups
- Primary school education service available
- Printed/audio-visual information available for schools
- Public access available to collections information
- Secondary school education service available
- Specialist publications on collections available
- Teaching/resources available for HE/FE students
- Touch exhibits
Is this your Venue? log in to update any incorrect or missing information.