- Phone: 01432 383383
Hereford Museum and Art Gallery, housed in a spectacular Victorian gothic building, has been exhibiting artefacts and works of fine and decorative art connected with the local area since 1874. Although the exterior of the building has changed very little the museum and gallery have kept up with the times. The exhibitions begin in the foyer of the building with a regularly changing small display in the foyer case. Don't miss the Kenchester mosaic on your way upstairs and the changing art exhibitions on the stairwell walls. The museum is full of interesting local history with hands-on elements for all the family. The art gallery is home to changing exhibitions and hosts seven or eight exhibitions a year.
10.00 - 16.00 Tues-Fri 10.00 - 12.30 Sat
All information is drawn from or provided by the venues themselves and every effort is made to ensure it is correct. Please remember to double check opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit.
Facilities and services
- Children's play area
- Education facilities available
- Facilities for private functions and events
- Meeting room available
- Object study facilities available (enquire in advance)
- Research facilities for academics
- Study facilities
- Toilets for disabled
- Wheelchair access to all public areas
Currently undertaking the provision of tactile images and audio.
- Academic publications and resources available
- Adult lectures and courses held
- Direct teaching services for schools
- Events and resources for children and families
- Events/teaching/resources for people with disabilities
- Loan service
- Member of staff available with responsibility for education
- Object identification and/or written enquiry service
- Pre-booking service for groups
- Primary school education service available
- Printed/audio-visual information available for schools
- Public access available to collections information
- Touch exhibits
Is this your Venue? log in to update any incorrect or missing information.