Home to a million wonders... Leeds Museum Discovery Centre is the city's purpose built museum storage and conservation facility. As only 5% of Leeds Museums and Galleries collections can be displayed at only one time, the Discovery Centre houses objects not on permanent display at other sites across the city. From elephant skulls to a medieval log boat, discover many more treasures with regular behind the scenes tours and family activities. Based at Clarence Dock near Leeds city centre, the new Discovery Centre provides access to the collections and is a fantastic resource for schools, educational groups and researchers.
Visits are by appointment. To arrange, please contact us on 0113 214 1548. Monday - Friday, 9am - 4pm. Thursday 11am -12 noon and 2pm -3pm free behind the scenes tours.
All information is drawn from or provided by the venues themselves and every effort is made to ensure it is correct. Please remember to double check opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit.
Facilities and services
- Education facilities available
- Meeting room available
- Object study facilities available (enquire in advance)
- Research facilities for academics
- Wheelchair access to all public areas
- Toilets - Baby change facility - Disabled access - Induction loops - Free parking - Conference and Meeting rooms - To book a wheelchair for your visit please contact us on 0113 214 1548
- Activities for pre-school children
- Adult lectures and courses held
- Direct teaching services for schools
- Events and resources for children and families
- Guided tours
- Member of staff available with responsibility for education
- Object identification and/or written enquiry service
- Pre-booking service for groups
- Primary school education service available
- Printed/audio-visual information available for schools
- Secondary school education service available
- Specialist publications on collections available
- Touch exhibits
Is this your Venue? log in to update any incorrect or missing information.