Discover the Original Viking Encounter - step back in time to Viking-Age York and experience life in the 10th century city! With an updated ride experience and state-of-the art galleries showcasing our unique collection of 1,000-year-old artefacts, visit JORVIK Viking Centre to discover York’s fascinating Viking legacy. Travel around 10th century York, experiencing what it was like living in the city. The sights, sounds and even the smells of the Viking Age are brought vividly back to life as you journey back 1,000 years. At JORVIK Viking Centre you are standing on the site which revealed some of the most astounding discoveries in modern archaeology. Get up-close with some of the most beautiful and rare Viking artefacts in the world, from delicate earrings and socks to frying pans and padlocks and even a fossilised Viking poo! Dig deeper into the Viking story of York using the latest in cutting-edge technology located throughout the centre and the opportunity to handle real artefacts whilst talking to our friendly Viking hosts.
April – October: 10am-5pm (last admission) November – March: 10am-4pm (last admission) During JORVIK Viking Festival, Christmas, special events and school holiday periods opening times may vary, check the website for up to date information.
Adult £12.50 / Concession £10.50 / Children (5-16) £8.50 / Under 5s FREE / Family of 4 £34.00 / Family of 5 £38.00
- English Heritage
All information is drawn from or provided by the venues themselves and every effort is made to ensure it is correct. Please remember to double check opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit.
Facilities and services
- Baby changing facilities
- Education facilities available
- Facilities for private functions and events
- Toilets for disabled
- Wheelchair access to all public areas
- Wheelchairs available for loan
Due to health and safety regulations, only one wheelchair user can be in JORVIK at any one time. Wheelchair users should book in advance to avoid having to wait by calling our Reservations department on 01904 615505.
- Academic publications and resources available
- Braille information and/or interpretation
- Brochure or leaflet available with directions to museum
- Foreign language leaflet or brochure available
- General guide to collections available
- Large print information and/or interpretation
- Object identification and/or written enquiry service
- Pre-booking service for groups
- Specialist publications on collections available
Is this your Venue? log in to update any incorrect or missing information.