- Phone: 01904 655 543
Come and unlock the splendour within the finest Georgian town house in England. A classical architectural masterpiece of its age, Fairfax House was originally the winter home of Viscount Fairfax. Its richly decorated interior was designed by York's most distinguished eighteenth-century architect, John Carr. Extensively adapted in the twentieth century as a cinema and dance hall, Fairfax House was saved from decay and returned to its former glory by York Civic Trust in 1982-84. Today, Fairfax House once more transports you to the splendour of city-living in Georgian York, the centre of polite society.
Mon-Thurs Sat 1100-1700 Sun 1330-1700 Closed Fri
Adult Concession £6.00 £5.00 Concessions include senior citizens and students. Great family savings Entry is FREE for Children under sixteen, so a visit to Fairfax House offers great savings for a family visit.
All information is drawn from or provided by the venues themselves and every effort is made to ensure it is correct. Please remember to double check opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit.
Facilities and services
- Object study facilities available (enquire in advance)
- Library with public access
- Wheelchair access to some public areas
- Adult lectures and courses held
- Printed/audio-visual information available for schools
- Academic publications and resources available
- Foreign language leaflet or brochure available
- General guide to collections available
- Pre-booking service for groups
- Brochure or leaflet available with directions to museum
- Specialist publications on collections available
- Object identification and/or written enquiry service
- Secondary school education service available
- Primary school education service available
Is this your Venue? log in to update any incorrect or missing information.