- Customer Services: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 01439 798228
Escape the crowds and experience the serenity and beauty of this impressive monastic site, situated in the middle of the North Yorkshire Moors National Park. Rievaulx Abbey was founded by St Bernard of Clairvaux in 1132 and become one of England's wealthiest monasteries before its dissolution by King Henry VIII in 1538. Highlights of its long history are displayed in the indoor interactive museum, and afterwards there's delicious local food to enjoy in the tearoom.
1 Apr-30 Sep 10am-6pm daily / 1Oct-1 Nov 10am-5pm Thu-Mon / 2 Nov-31 Mar 10am-4pm Thu-Mon / Closed 24-26 Dec and 1 Jan
- English Heritage
All information is drawn from or provided by the venues themselves and every effort is made to ensure it is correct. Please remember to double check opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit.
Facilities and services
- Baby changing facilities
- Education facilities available
- Picnic area
- Toilets for disabled
- Wheelchair access to some public areas
Guided tours available for groups booking at least 3 months in advance. Please contact site for details.
- Events and resources for children and families
- Events/teaching/resources for people with disabilities
- Foreign language audio guide available
- General audio-guide available
- General guide to collections available
- Guided tours
Is this your Venue? log in to update any incorrect or missing information.