The multi-award winning IWM North is a great day out for all ages. Designed by world-renowned architect Daniel Libeskind to represent a globe shattered by conflict, it reveals how war shapes lives through personal stories and powerful exhibitions; the Big Picture (a 360 degree light and sound show), tours, object handling sessions, and family activities. The 100ft AirShard viewing platform offers spectacular views over The Quays. Take a break during your visit to enjoy locally sourced produce in the WaterShard cafe and Kitchen.
Open every day, 10.00 - 17.00 Closed December 24-26
By tram - The nearest Metrolink stations to IWM North are MediaCityUK or Harbour City. Trams run direct from Manchester Piccadilly, Deansgate-Castlefield and St Peter's Square. If you're coming from Oxford Road railway station, you will need to travel on foot to St Peter's Square. Take the Eccles service and alight at MediaCityUK or Harbour City. IWM North is a short walk across the canal by footbridge. By bus - X50 Manchester Piccadilly to Trafford Centre. This service stops at IWM North. This service runs approximately every 15 minutes. By car/ coach - Leave the M60 at Junction 9 and join Parkway (A5081) towards Trafford Park. At the first island take the third exit onto Village Way; at the next island take the second exit onto Warren Bruce Road. Turn right at the T-junction onto Trafford Wharf Road. Alternatively, leave the M602 at Junction 3 and follow the signs. Secure parking, including designated parking spaces for people with disabilities, is available for 160 cars. Please note charges apply.
All information is drawn from or provided by the venues themselves and every effort is made to ensure it is correct. Please remember to double check opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit.
Facilities and services
- Baby changing facilities
- Education facilities available
- Facilities for private functions and events
- Mail order service available
- Meeting room available
- Parking for coaches
- Parking for disabled available
- Picnic area
- Reception and lunch facilities for educational groups
- Toilets for disabled
- Wheelchair access to all public areas
- Wheelchairs available for loan
Lockers Locker facilities are available free of charge. Eating and Drinking In addition to the WaterShard Café and Kitchen, the Green Room on the ground floor is available for packed lunches. Toilets Toilets are situated on the Ground Floor next to the Shop and include accessible toilets. Shopping at IWM North IWM North's Shop provides a wide range of books, CDs, DVDs, clothing and accessories, posters and stationary, souvenirs and gift ideas. For younger visitors we have an exciting range of games, toys and souvenirs as well as a selection of children's books. There are also educational resource materials and children's activity books on sale.
- Academic publications and resources available
- Adult lectures and courses held
- Brochure or leaflet available with directions to museum
- Events and resources for children and families
- Events/teaching/resources for people with disabilities
- Foreign language leaflet or brochure available
- General guide to collections available
- Guided tours
- Information point provided
- Large print information and/or interpretation
- Member of staff available with responsibility for education
- Pre-booking service for groups
- Primary school education service available
- Secondary school education service available
- Sign language interpretation available
- Specialist publications on collections available
- Teaching/resources available for HE/FE students
- Touch exhibits
Is this your Venue? log in to update any incorrect or missing information.