FACT (Foundation for Art and Creative Technology) has been leading the UK video, film and new media arts scene for 20 years with groundbreaking exhibitions, education and research projects. The organisation aims to pioneer new forms of artistic and social interaction with individuals and communities. During its history, FACT has commissioned and presented over 250 digital media works with artists including Pipilotti Rist, Bill Viola, Apichatpong Weerasethakul, Vito Acconci and Isaac Julien. FACT is a member of LARC (Liverpool Arts Regeneration Consortium), a partnership of eight of the leading cultural organisations in Liverpool set up to help ensure that the cultural sector plays a significant role in the regeneration of the Liverpool City Region. The organisation is based in the heart of the RopeWalks area of the city and is central to the regeneration of the area.
Centre opening times: Mon to Sat: 10.00am - 9.00pm Sun: 11.00am - 9.00pm Gallery opening times: Tues - Sun: 11.00am - 6.00pm Mon: Closed
Free admission to Centre, Galleries and Media Lounge.
FACT is based in the RopeWalks area of Liverpool city centre within walking distance of the main rail and bus stations. BY TRAIN The nearest rail station is Liverpool Central (3 mins walk). Liverpool Lime Street is a 12 mins walk away.
All information is drawn from or provided by the venues themselves and every effort is made to ensure it is correct. Please remember to double check opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit.
Facilities and services
- Baby changing facilities
- Education facilities available
- Facilities for private functions and events
- Meeting room available
- Toilets for disabled
- Wheelchair access to all public areas
- Activities for pre-school children
- Adult lectures and courses held
- Brochure or leaflet available with directions to museum
- Events and resources for children and families
- Guided tours
- Information point provided
- Large print information and/or interpretation
- Pre-booking service for groups
- Secondary school education service available
Is this your Venue? log in to update any incorrect or missing information.