DIG is a hands-on archaeological adventure giving kids the chance to become trainee ‘diggers’ and discover the most exciting artefacts from 2000 years of York’s history! With four special in-door excavation pits, all based on real-life digs in the city and filled with replica Roman, Viking, medieval and Victorian finds, children can grab a trowel and explore how people lived in these times. Kids can dig down deep (in our synthetic, no mess soil) to discover artefacts from the four major periods of York’s fascinating history. An Archaeologist is on hand to answer your questions on your finds & help you piece together what it would have been like to live in past.
Open Daily 10:00-16:00 (Last Tour)
Entry prices: £7.00 for adults / £6.50 for concessions / £6.50 children / £22.00 Family of 4 / £25.00 Family x 5 / Under 5s FREE.
- English Heritage
All information is drawn from or provided by the venues themselves and every effort is made to ensure it is correct. Please remember to double check opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit.
Facilities and services
- Baby changing facilities
- Facilities for private functions and events
- Gardens open to public
- Reception and lunch facilities for educational groups
- Toilets for disabled
- Wheelchair access to all public areas
- Academic publications and resources available
- Brochure or leaflet available with directions to museum
- Guided tours
- Pre-booking service for groups
- Specialist publications on collections available
Is this your Venue? log in to update any incorrect or missing information.