Brighton Toy and Model Museum is a treasure trove of toys and models that extends over four thousand square feet of floorspace, through four of the Early Victorian arches supporting Brighton Railway Station's forecourt. Founded in 1991, it has over ten thousand toys and models in its catalogue, including priceless model train collections and many period antique toys. Its display area includes two large operational model railway layouts (in 00-gauge and gauge 0), and displays of period pieces from a range of classic manufacturers that includes Bing, Dinky, Hornby, Marklin, Meccano, Pelham Puppets, and Steiff. The Museum also includes individually-engineered pieces such as the working quarter-scale traction engine and the Spitfire fighter planes in the lobby, and a range of other working scale models throughout the Museum.
Tuesday to Friday: 10am to 5pm Saturday: 11am to 5pm Closed Sunday and Monday Christmas and New Year period - please telephone for our opening times before travelling.
Adults: £6.50 Seniors (60+) / Disabled (plus 1 carer): £5.50 Child (4-15) / Students: £4.00 Family Ticket (2+3) £14.00 School Parties and group visits by arrangement
All information is drawn from or provided by the venues themselves and every effort is made to ensure it is correct. Please remember to double check opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit.
Facilities and services
- Facilities for private functions and events
- Toilets for disabled
- Wheelchair access to all public areas
- Buggy parking facilities
- Wi-fi available
- Education facilities available
- Reception and lunch facilities for educational groups
Find us in Central Brighton. The museum is beneath Brighton Railway Station, set into the arches. You'll find it about 50 yards down Trafalgar Street on the left.
- Information point provided
- Pre-booking service for groups
- Primary school education service available
- Early years education service available
- Printed/audio-visual information available for schools
- Roleplay/costumed interpreters available
- Adult lectures and courses held
- Community outreach programme/service
- Guided tours
- Membership and/or Friends scheme offered
- Volunteering scheme offered
- Events/teaching/resources for people with disabilities
- Object identification and/or written enquiry service
- Activities for pre-school children
- Events and resources for children and families
Is this your Venue? log in to update any incorrect or missing information.