This enchanting museum houses 10 beamed rooms with massive Tudor fireplaces. The building incorporates a Victorian kitchen, Tudor Parlour and Houseplace. Other rooms have Ashford Marble, lace, toys, china and large collection of cameras and photographs. The magnificent beamed room, The Solar, displays some of the musems' costume collection. Industrial gallery and courtyard featuring stunning, large scale, stainless steel interpretation of Lumford mill wheel
25 March - 5 November, daily 11am - 4pm Closed November to March
Adults £4 Child £2 (Under 5's go free) Family £11.50 Group and Education visits by arrangement. Evening visits with refreshments.
All information is drawn from or provided by the venues themselves and every effort is made to ensure it is correct. Please remember to double check opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit.
Facilities and services
- Object study facilities available (enquire in advance)
- Parking for disabled available
- Wheelchair access to some public areas
Hands on experience for children with quiz sheets, Tudor dressing up box and handling objects. Very popular Rat Trail - fascinating historical ratty facts and competition. Group visits with refreshments by request (very popular book in advance). Behind the scenes with the costume, textile team. Guided walks and tours.
- Academic publications and resources available
- Adult lectures and courses held
- Brochure or leaflet available with directions to museum
- Events and resources for children and families
- Foreign language leaflet or brochure available
- General guide to collections available
- Guided tours
- Pre-booking service for groups
- Primary school education service available
- Public access available to collections information
- Touch exhibits
Is this your Venue? log in to update any incorrect or missing information.