With longstanding and temporary exhibits, the Museum and Art Gallery boasts paintings and artefacts that are of both local and international significance. Visit our exquisite collection of Joseph Wright paintings. March through our Soldier’s Story exhibition to see the range of weaponry and objects, both military and personal. Pop on your adventure hat and explore historic artefacts from thousands of years ago, within our Archaeology Gallery. We regularly update our collections, so there will always be something new – no two visits will ever be the same! Once you’ve satisfied your inner explorer, relax and unwind in The Coffee House with locally sourced cake and coffee, surrounded by a collection of historical porcelain. There is also a newly refurbished shop of unique souvenirs and art materials to browse at your own leisure. Start planning your visit now!
Tuesday to Saturday 10.00-17.00 Sundays: 12.00-16.00 Mondays: CLOSED
All information is drawn from or provided by the venues themselves and every effort is made to ensure it is correct. Please remember to double check opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit.
Facilities and services
- Baby changing facilities
- Education facilities available
- Facilities for private functions and events
- Mail order service available
- Object study facilities available (enquire in advance)
- Toilets for disabled
- Wheelchair access to all public areas
- Wheelchairs available for loan
See website for facilities information.
- Academic publications and resources available
- Activities for pre-school children
- Adult lectures and courses held
- Brochure or leaflet available with directions to museum
- Direct teaching services for schools
- Events and resources for children and families
- Foreign language leaflet or brochure available
- Guided tours
- Large print information and/or interpretation
- Member of staff available with responsibility for education
- Object identification and/or written enquiry service
- Pre-booking service for groups
- Primary school education service available
- Printed/audio-visual information available for schools
- Public access available to collections information
- Secondary school education service available
- Specialist publications on collections available
- Teaching/resources available for HE/FE students
Is this your Venue? log in to update any incorrect or missing information.