- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: 0161 342 5480
Portland Basin is an award winning museum housed in a reconstruction of the historic 1834 Ashton canal warehouse. Discover the life and work experiences of the people of Tameside. Explore a typical Tameside street of 1928 with its shops, houses, school, chapel and doctor's surgery - all brought to life with the latest audio-visual techniques.
Opening times: Tues-Sun, 10am-4pm Closed Monday except Bank Holidays.
All information is drawn from or provided by the venues themselves and every effort is made to ensure it is correct. Please remember to double check opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit.
Facilities and services
- Baby changing facilities
- Children's play area
- Education facilities available
- Facilities for private functions and events
- Meeting room available
- Object study facilities available (enquire in advance)
- Picnic area
- Toilets for disabled
- Wheelchair access to all public areas
- Brochure or leaflet available with directions to museum
- Direct teaching services for schools
- Events and resources for children and families
- Loan service
- Member of staff available with responsibility for education
- Object identification and/or written enquiry service
- Pre-booking service for groups
- Primary school education service available
- Printed/audio-visual information available for schools
- Touch exhibits
Is this your Venue? log in to update any incorrect or missing information.