The Cheshire Military Museum, in Chester, tells the story of the Cheshire Soldiers from the 17th Century right through to the present day. Follow the exploits of the Regiments of Cheshire and their travels across the world during many great battles. Learn about the wars they fought, experience life in the trenches for a World War One soldier, and immerse yourself in the history of the soldiers. The museum also houses the Archive of the Cheshire Regiment.
Open daily 1000-1700. Last admission 1600 (closed 2 weeks over the Christmas period).
Adult £4.00 Concession £2.00 Family £9.00
All information is drawn from or provided by the venues themselves and every effort is made to ensure it is correct. Please remember to double check opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit.
Facilities and services
- Education facilities available
- Facilities for private functions and events
- Meeting room available
- Object study facilities available (enquire in advance)
- Reception and lunch facilities for educational groups
- Research facilities for academics
- Study facilities
- Toilets for disabled
- Wheelchair access to all public areas
- Academic publications and resources available
- Adult lectures and courses held
- Brochure or leaflet available with directions to museum
- Direct teaching services for schools
- Events and resources for children and families
- Events/teaching/resources for people with disabilities
- Large print information and/or interpretation
- Member of staff available with responsibility for education
- Object identification and/or written enquiry service
- Pre-booking service for groups
- Printed/audio-visual information available for schools
- Secondary school education service available
- Teaching/resources available for HE/FE students
Is this your Venue? log in to update any incorrect or missing information.