We’re currently working on our Museum Crush listings and will be improving this offer over the coming days…
Discover treasures from around the world, explore outer space and meet live creatures at the World Museum! World Museum is the largest and oldest of the National Museums Liverpool, founded in 1851 when the 13th Earl of Derby left his substantial natural history collection to the city.
Daily 10am-5pm Closed: 24 December, from 2pm. 25, 26 December 1 January
World Museums is free for all, including the Planetarium.
All information is drawn from or provided by the venues themselves and every effort is made to ensure it is correct. Please remember to double check opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit.
Facilities and services
- Baby changing facilities
- Education facilities available
- Object study facilities available (enquire in advance)
- Reception and lunch facilities for educational groups
- Toilets for disabled
- Wheelchairs available for loan
- Academic publications and resources available
- Activities for pre-school children
- Adult lectures and courses held
- Brochure or leaflet available with directions to museum
- Direct teaching services for schools
- Events and resources for children and families
- Events/teaching/resources for people with disabilities
- Foreign language leaflet or brochure available
- General guide to collections available
- Induction loops in lecture theatres
- Large print information and/or interpretation
- Loan service
- Object identification and/or written enquiry service
- Pre-booking service for groups
- Primary school education service available
- Public access available to collections information
- Teaching/resources available for HE/FE students
- Touch exhibits
Is this your Venue? log in to update any incorrect or missing information.