Housed in a Neo-Classical building, purpose built in 1884, Aberdeen's splendid Art Gallery houses an important fine art collection with particularly good examples of 19th, 20th and 21st century works. The Gallery has a wide range of exhibitions with an emphasis on contemporary work and an impressive permanent collection featuring such names as Damian Hirst, Ian Hamilton Finlay, Francis Bacon, Monet and Renoir. A fine collection of Aberdonian silver can be found among the decorative arts on the ground floor. Refreshments are available in the café and the Gallery Shop stocks a wide range of jewellery, gifts and stationary.
Tues-Sat 1000-1700 Sun 1400-1700
All information is drawn from or provided by the venues themselves and every effort is made to ensure it is correct. Please remember to double check opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit.
Facilities and services
- Baby changing facilities
- Facilities for private functions and events
- Library with public access
- Object study facilities available (enquire in advance)
- Toilets for disabled
- Wheelchair access to all public areas
- Adult lectures and courses held
- Brochure or leaflet available with directions to museum
- Loan service
- Object identification and/or written enquiry service
- Primary school education service available
- Secondary school education service available
- Specialist publications on collections available
Is this your Venue? log in to update any incorrect or missing information.