This is the story of Discovery from her beginnings in Dundee and Captain Scott's remarkable Antarctic expedition, through her long ocean-going career until her final journey home. Find out about life on board and the essential design features that allowed her to survive the extreme polar conditions. Explore Discovery for yourself with an area-by-area tour of the ship.
Winter Daily 1000-1700 (11am Sunday) Summer Daily 1000-1800 (11am Sunday)
Adult £8.50 Concession £6.75 Child £5.00 Family (2 adults and 2 children) £24.00 (£22 if you book online) Special offers are available in conjunction with Scotland's Jute Museum @ Verdant Works. See website for details.
Directly opposite Dundee Rail station
All information is drawn from or provided by the venues themselves and every effort is made to ensure it is correct. Please remember to double check opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit.
Facilities and services
- Baby changing facilities
- Education facilities available
- Facilities for private functions and events
- Library with public access
- Meeting room available
- Object study facilities available (enquire in advance)
- Parking for disabled available
- Reception and lunch facilities for educational groups
- Toilets for disabled
- Wheelchair access to some public areas
- Wheelchairs available for loan
Guided tours available for groups, but advance booking required tel: 01382 309060. Audio tours available for an additional cost.
- Adult lectures and courses held
- Brochure or leaflet available with directions to museum
- Direct teaching services for schools
- Events and resources for children and families
- Induction loops in exhibition spaces
- Induction loops in lecture theatres
- Member of staff available with responsibility for education
- Object identification and/or written enquiry service
- Pre-booking service for groups
- Primary school education service available
- Printed/audio-visual information available for schools
- Touch exhibits
Is this your Venue? log in to update any incorrect or missing information.