Keats House is where the poet John Keats (1795-1821) lived from 1818 to 1820. Here he wrote some of his best known poetry, including "Ode to a Nightingale". The house is a Grade 1 listed building set in a peaceful garden in Hampstead. It has been open to the public since 1925.
Wed-Sun 11am-5pm. Please see our website for more information and details for group visits. Last admission: 4.30pm.
Adults: £6.50 Seniors (over 65): £5.50 Concessions (students and jobseekers with proof): £4.50 Children 17 and under: Free Keats House Supporters: Free Keats Foundation: Free Art Fund: Free London Pass: Single entry with London Pass card
- Museums Association
- International Council of Museums
- National Art Pass
By Tube (Northern Line, Edgware branch): Hampstead tube to Keats House – 750m or just under half a mile (mostly downhill) Belsize Park tube to Keats House – 750m or just under half a mile (up and downhill) By London Overground: Hampstead Heath train station – approximately 100m By Bus: Buses 24, 46, 168 and C11 all go to South End Green, next to Hampstead Heath Station; Bus 268 goes to the Rosslyn Hill junction with Downshire Hill
All information is drawn from or provided by the venues themselves and every effort is made to ensure it is correct. Please remember to double check opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit.
Facilities and services
- Baby changing facilities
- Education facilities available
- Gardens open to public
- Object study facilities available (enquire in advance)
- Parking for disabled available
- Research facilities for academics
- Study facilities
- Toilets for disabled
- Wheelchair access to some public areas
Study facilities are available at London Metropolitan Archives.
- Adult lectures and courses held
- Events and resources for children and families
- Foreign language leaflet or brochure available
- General guide to collections available
- Guided tours
- Member of staff available with responsibility for education
- Object identification and/or written enquiry service
- Pre-booking service for groups
- Primary school education service available
- Secondary school education service available
- Teaching/resources available for HE/FE students
Is this your Venue? log in to update any incorrect or missing information.