Delightful Manor House, powerfully evoking the atmosphere of an Edwardian gentry home both ‘Upstairs’ and ‘Downstairs’. Explore over twenty rooms on four floors, from the superbly renovated servants’ quarters in the basement to the attic bedrooms on the top floor. Adjacent to Preston Park, the house also comprises picturesque walled gardens and a pet cemetery. Part of a Designated Collection of national importance is on display at this venue.
Open April-October Saturdays and Mondays 10am-5pm, last admission 4.15pm Sundays 1-4pm, last admission 3.15pm Closed Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays & Fridays Closed 19 October 2021 to March 2022 – during the winter closure the Manor is open for pre-booked School visits, groups and special events.
For full admission charges visit: https://brightonmuseums.org.uk/prestonmanor/plan-your-visit/admission-charges/
All information is drawn from or provided by the venues themselves and every effort is made to ensure it is correct. Please remember to double check opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit.
Facilities and services
- Education facilities available
- Facilities for private functions and events
- Gardens open to public
- Library with public access
- Object study facilities available (enquire in advance)
- Reception and lunch facilities for educational groups
- Study facilities
- Wheelchair access to some public areas
- Activities for pre-school children
- Braille information and/or interpretation
- Brochure or leaflet available with directions to museum
- Direct teaching services for schools
- Events and resources for children and families
- Events/teaching/resources for people with disabilities
- General guide to collections available
- Member of staff available with responsibility for education
- Object identification and/or written enquiry service
- Primary school education service available
- Printed/audio-visual information available for schools
- Secondary school education service available
- Touch exhibits
Is this your Venue? log in to update any incorrect or missing information.