An award winning Museum in the heart of Haslemere with remarkable collections of natural history, human history and geology. Founded in 1888 by the renowned London physician Sir Jonathan Hutchinson, the galleries display a fine array of minerals and fossils, magnificent specimens from the animal kingdom as well as plants and insects and interesting artefacts from all the key British historical periods. Journey through time and marvel at a 500 million year old fossil, meet Arthur the Siberian brown bear and see an Egyptian Mummy! The Museum offers a lively programme of events and exhibitions throughout the year and has a wonderful tradition of learning for all ages. Set in beautiful historic grounds, which include an observation beehive, pond and gazebo, the Museum has been inspiring visitors for more than one hundred years. The Museum is a member of the First World War Centenary Partnership, a network of organisations committed to the delivery of the First World War Centenary Programme: a global programme of events and activities inspiring young and old to remember the impact of the First World War on people and society today.
Tuesday to Saturday 1000am-1700pm Sunday-Monday-Museum Closed
By Donation to Haslemere Museum
All information is drawn from or provided by the venues themselves and every effort is made to ensure it is correct. Please remember to double check opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit.
Facilities and services
- Baby changing facilities
- Education facilities available
- Facilities for private functions and events
- Gardens open to public
- Meeting room available
- Object study facilities available (enquire in advance)
- Picnic area
- Reception and lunch facilities for educational groups
- Research facilities for academics
- Study facilities
- Toilets for disabled
- Wheelchair access to all public areas
Disabled access throughout the building. If disabled parking is required please ring ahead.
- Academic publications and resources available
- Activities for pre-school children
- Adult lectures and courses held
- Direct teaching services for schools
- Events and resources for children and families
- Events/teaching/resources for people with disabilities
- Member of staff available with responsibility for education
- Object identification and/or written enquiry service
- Pre-booking service for groups
- Primary school education service available
- Printed/audio-visual information available for schools
- Secondary school education service available
- Teaching/resources available for HE/FE students
- Touch exhibits
Is this your Venue? log in to update any incorrect or missing information.