Founded in 1884, the Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology holds world-class collections of art and artefacts from all over the world, representing cultures and histories over millennia. In 1997 the Museum's entire collection was recognised as a Designated Collection of national importance and in 2013 the museum was shortlisted for the Art Fund's Museum of the Year Prize.
Open Tuesday - Saturday 10.30am - 4.30pm and Sunday 12.00 - 4.30pm Closed Bank Holiday Mondays
All information is drawn from or provided by the venues themselves and every effort is made to ensure it is correct. Please remember to double check opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit.
Facilities and services
- Research facilities for academics
- Wheelchair access to all public areas
- Facilities for private functions and events
- Meeting room available
- Toilets for disabled
- Bicycle park
- Academic publications and resources available
- Events and resources for children and families
- Object identification and/or written enquiry service
- Pre-booking service for groups
- Public access available to collections information
- Specialist publications on collections available
- Volunteering scheme offered
- Membership and/or Friends scheme offered
- Community outreach programme/service
- Secondary school education service available
- Primary school education service available
Is this your Venue? log in to update any incorrect or missing information.