The Museum was set up in 1999 and is located in the former Magistrates Courthouse.
Tues to Sat 10:00-16:00 The Museum is open from March - Mid December
Adults - £3 for Museum - £5 for a yearly pass Children are FREE
- Museums Association
- International Council of Museums
The Museum is situated in the old Magistrates’ Courthouse behind the police station in St. Peter’s Road. The Museum entrance is along the alley between Tesco and the square. The Museum and Gallery is a 10 minute walk from the railway station. Parking is available at the pay and display car parks by Tesco or Waitrose supermarkets
All information is drawn from or provided by the venues themselves and every effort is made to ensure it is correct. Please remember to double check opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit.
Facilities and services
- Education facilities available
- Object study facilities available (enquire in advance)
- Research facilities for academics
- Study facilities
- Toilets for disabled
- Wheelchair access to all public areas
Wheelchair accessibility is via the police yard and a member of staff is required to unlock the access gate - please call ahead if this is required.
- Activities for pre-school children
- Adult lectures and courses held
- Brochure or leaflet available with directions to museum
- Events and resources for children and families
- Events/teaching/resources for people with disabilities
- Large print information and/or interpretation
- Loan service
- Printed/audio-visual information available for schools
- Public access available to collections information
- Secondary school education service available
- Specialist publications on collections available
- Touch exhibits
Is this your Venue? log in to update any incorrect or missing information.