- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 01452 318200
- Phone: 01452 318201
The award-winning Gloucester Waterways Museum (part of The Waterways Trust) is housed in a splendid Victorian warehouse at the historic Gloucester Docks. Located within the beautiful English county of Gloucestershire, the museum charts the fascinating story of Britain's canals through a special Designated Collection of national importance. We concentrate on providing interactive and hands on displays covering a whole range of waterways related topics. Take the challenge of the "replica lock chamber", complete with running water, get on board one of our historic boats, enjoy our exhibits. Imagine what it was like to live and work on the waterways. Our historic boat collection includes narrowboats, river barges, canal and river tugs, as well as a steam powered dredger. River and canal cruises run every day from April to end of December.
10 April 2017 to 5 November 2017: open daily, 10.00am - 5.00pm. 7 November 2017 to 18 March 2018: open Tuesday - Sunday, 10.00am - 4.00pm. 19 March 2018 to 11 November 2018: open daily, 10.00am - 5.00pm.
Adult (16+) £8.50. Child (6-15) £5.00. Child (5 and under) Free. Family £20.00. Concession £7.50
All information is drawn from or provided by the venues themselves and every effort is made to ensure it is correct. Please remember to double check opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit.
Facilities and services
- Education facilities available
- Facilities for private functions and events
- Object study facilities available (enquire in advance)
- Toilets for disabled
- Wheelchair access to all public areas
- Brochure or leaflet available with directions to museum
- Direct teaching services for schools
- Events and resources for children and families
- General guide to collections available
- Guided tours
- Object identification and/or written enquiry service
- Pre-booking service for groups
- Primary school education service available
Is this your Venue? log in to update any incorrect or missing information.