This unique museum houses a fine collection of ceramics, jades, bronzes and much more from China, Japan, Korea and Southeast Asia. The Museum of East Asian Art is the only museum in the UK solely dedicate to arts and cultures of East and Southeast Asia. To offer facilities for the appreciation and study of East and Southeast Asian art and cultures. To this end the Museum collects, preserves, exhibits and makes available to the public, artefacts from East and Southeast Asia, and information relating to those areas. The Museum works to encourage education, creativity, dialogue and research in relation to such cultures, and strives to be accessible to as wide an audience as possible.
All year round: Tue-Sat: 10:00-17:00 Sun: 12:00-17:00 Closed Mondays (except most Bank Holidays) Closed over the Christmas and New Year period - please contact Museum for exact dates.
Adults: £5.00 Senior Citizens/Students/Children (under 16): Free Museum Friends Membership/Discovery Card: £4.00 (Admission charges from February 2015)
- Museums Association
Bus: Take either the number 6/13/228/X31/X72 bus to the stop by the Hilton Hotel, the Museum is a 5 minute walk from there. Train: Approximately a 10-15 minute walk from Bath Spa railway station, the Museum is located close to Bath’s famous Circus and the Assembly Rooms.
All information is drawn from or provided by the venues themselves and every effort is made to ensure it is correct. Please remember to double check opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit.
Facilities and services
- Baby changing facilities
- Education facilities available
- Facilities for private functions and events
- Object study facilities available (enquire in advance)
- Research facilities for academics
- Study facilities
- Toilets for disabled
- Meeting room available
- Four galleries displaying the permanent collection - Temporary exhibition gallery - Temporary stairwell hanging space - Introductory video in six languages - Illustrated gallery guide - Access facilities (Audio tape for visitors with visual impairments, induction loop, lift for easy access) - Use of the Museum’s library (by appointment) - Handling collection (by appointment)
- Academic publications and resources available
- Activities for pre-school children
- Adult lectures and courses held
- Brochure or leaflet available with directions to museum
- Events and resources for children and families
- Events/teaching/resources for people with disabilities
- General guide to collections available
- Guided tours
- Induction loops in exhibition spaces
- Large print information and/or interpretation
- Member of staff available with responsibility for education
- Object identification and/or written enquiry service
- Pre-booking service for groups
- Primary school education service available
- Printed/audio-visual information available for schools
- Secondary school education service available
- Specialist publications on collections available
- Teaching/resources available for HE/FE students
- Touch exhibits
Is this your Venue? log in to update any incorrect or missing information.