Where can you meet a Mummy from Ancient Egypt, hear a Shirley Bassey hit, and come face to face with a Ganges crocodile? Bagshaw Museum brings together fasinating objects from all over the world, in the magnificient Victorian gothic setting of 'Woodlands' a former mill owners house set in Wilton Park.
Weekends (Saturday & Sunday) 12-4pm Tues - Thurs in Kirklees school holidays 11am - 4pm
All information is drawn from or provided by the venues themselves and every effort is made to ensure it is correct. Please remember to double check opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit.
Facilities and services
- Baby changing facilities
- Education facilities available
- Facilities for private functions and events
- Gardens open to public
- Meeting room available
- Object study facilities available (enquire in advance)
- Parking for coaches
- Parking for disabled available
- Picnic area
- Reception and lunch facilities for educational groups
- Study facilities
- Toilets for disabled
- Wheelchair access to all public areas
Fire regulations in the Victorian building mean that there are restrictions on the use of prams and pushchairs indoors. Please contact the museum for further details and any other access information that will help you to plan your visit.
- Adult lectures and courses held
- Brochure or leaflet available with directions to museum
- Direct teaching services for schools
- Events and resources for children and families
- Events/teaching/resources for people with disabilities
- Induction loops in exhibition spaces
- Member of staff available with responsibility for education
- Object identification and/or written enquiry service
- Pre-booking service for groups
- Primary school education service available
- Printed/audio-visual information available for schools
- Secondary school education service available
- Touch exhibits
Is this your Venue? log in to update any incorrect or missing information.