Founded in 1893, the Brontë Society collects and exhibits material relating to the Brontës’ lives and works and shares it with the widest possible audience through display, online access, reader appointments and a lifelong learning programme. Haworth Parsonage, home of the Brontë family from 1820 to 1861, was gifted to the Brontë Society in 1928. Now the Brontë Parsonage Museum, it houses the world’s largest collection of Brontë material and inspires scholars, writers and artists. The Museum presents a regularly changing programme of exhibitions, contemporary arts events and family activities and offers an inspirational and evocative experience for people of all ages. The Brontë Society is celebrating the bicentenary of the birth of Charlotte Brontë throughout 2016.
October-March Daily 1000-1700 April-September Daily 1000-1730 Closed 24 - 27 December and 4 - 31 January.
Standard Admission £7.50 Concessions £6.50 Students 17 years + £6.50 Children 5-16 years £3.75 (Children under 5 free) Family Ticket £18.00 (admits up to 2 adults and 4 children)
All information is drawn from or provided by the venues themselves and every effort is made to ensure it is correct. Please remember to double check opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit.
Facilities and services
- Research facilities for academics
- Education facilities available
- Object study facilities available (enquire in advance)
- Library with public access
- Study facilities
- Wheelchair access to some public areas
- Adult lectures and courses held
- Braille information and/or interpretation
- Large print information and/or interpretation
- Printed/audio-visual information available for schools
- Direct teaching services for schools
- Teaching/resources available for HE/FE students
- Academic publications and resources available
- Member of staff available with responsibility for education
- Foreign language leaflet or brochure available
- General guide to collections available
- Pre-booking service for groups
- Brochure or leaflet available with directions to museum
- Object identification and/or written enquiry service
- Specialist publications on collections available
- Secondary school education service available
- Primary school education service available
Is this your Venue? log in to update any incorrect or missing information.